Thursday, October 20, 2011

journal 10

"There's gonna be hundreds of people who are gonna want to see you fall on your fu*king face, but this is what you do little sis, you keep going, you don't give a flying fu*k about what they say, but remember, never, ever, forget who you are, who got you here, and most of all where you came from. That's what's most important, just never forget who got you to where you are, cause god knows you can't do it all by yourself. Most of all, be happy, always be happy, don't waste one minute of your life being miserable, not when you have these many people that got your back. Not when you have me."
My brother Sergio said this to me when I was about 13 year old, I believe I had come home from school extremely upset because something had happened, I don't remember the specifics, but even after 4 years of him uttering those words, I remember them clearly. My family and I aren't affectionate, we tend to hold in our emotions. We love each other, of course we do, but we don't show it much. My brother especially, is very closed, he's the funniest person I've ever met, but he's never shown his emotion towards anyone. except my mom, and I think that's how we all are. When my brother said this to me, it really means more than anything, his words were engraved into my memory, forever with me. I often remember that day, that moment as he looked at me, hi fierce eyes were filled with anger, and a sort of helplessness. He wanted to help me, he wanted to go towards those kids and give them a piece of his mind, but of course he knew he couldn't do that. In that moment it made me realize how lucky I was to have a brother who wanted to protect me as much as he did. Those words, are mine to keep, I never forget them. Any time someone is giving me a hard time, because of what I like, what I think, or what my beliefs are, I always remember his words. They've helped me more than he will ever know, they've helped me stand up for myself, and sometimes even for others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment