Thursday, October 20, 2011

journal 8

"After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and changing a soul and you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't always mean security and you begin yo learn that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't promises and you begun to accept you defeats with your head yo you eyes ahead with the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child" 
-Veronica Shoffstall 
It took me about an hour and a half to choose this quote, and I don't even think it's accurate enough.  My mom always called me an old soul, I'm more mature than many kids my age, I think about things differently I'm not saying I am better, because I'm not. I do however, see life in a different way. Without having the scars of that first love, without knowing what it's like to fall in love and have a teenage relationship, I know that some things mean nothing. I know that just because someone says they love you it doesn't mean they feel it, that they mean it and are devoted to you like they should be when the utter those three words. To be honest "Love" is a word used much to often, and not enough in the right situations. Life changes in a flash, you could love someone today, and hate them tomorrow, it's part of being a teenager right? having those emotions up and down, till you want to scream for everything to stop. I understand though, that just because someone says they love you, doesn't mean the meant it, just because someone is with you doesn't mean they will be forever, tomorrows not even guaranteed. Life moves like roller coaster with really bad seatbelts, you need to hold on, at every high and at every low and sometimes life will take really sharp turns and some people will fall of that roller coaster, to never be seen again. I

No comments:

Post a Comment