Thursday, October 20, 2011

Journal13

Dear roommate,
I hope you're ready for the thunder that's about to com clashing down on you. I'm only joking, I'm more of a light drizzle, something you don't notice. I would like you to know a little bit about me, I don't care much for people, I'm not a nice person. I guess that's because I'm too in touch with reality or maybe I'm just anti-social, I still haven't decided. You have to accept the world as it is, I'm realistic about many things, specially love, boys, girls, and how others act. I know that promises are nothing but spoken words, that everyone will screw you over, no matter how much or how little they do it, they still do. Humans, we're selfish, we're hypocrites, and we are cowards, well most of us, and I say us because at some point we were all those things. I realize a lot of girls my age don't understand the reality of love, well I don't know if I do either, but I do know it's not like they out it in Hollywood. Love is agonizing, it's constant worrying about if you're doing the right thing, not only for you but for that other person, I find it entirely too tiring, you don't only have to worry about your feelings, and thoughts but you have to take in consideration those of another person and I mean really try to understand that person. It's a waste to be honest, we'll die alone anyways, so whats the point, save all the pain an the theatrics for the theater. As you can see, I have different view points on how life is, now don't get me wrong, I believe in love but I don't believe it's simple, it's a web, it's thread after thread tangled around each other until you get so tangled that you can never separate and that's the beauty of it, having someone by your side, but see I don't believe you need someone. Sorry for that rant by the way, I just saw Tangled and it really made me think of how since we're little we get this idea, this "dream" in our heads, engraved into us by all these movies, and shows, that out there, there's someone perfect. Well no one's perfect, and what's with Rapunzels hair turning brown after it's cut, what's wrong with brown? what is it not magical like blond? It's entirely all too sad really, to see little girls grow up believing one day they'll find Mr.Perfect, all their lives they spend looking for someone that doesn't exist. I ramble on a lot, I get really into talking about different subjects, don't worry I will probably not say a word for a month or two, I take a while to get used to others. I don't have many preferences as when it comes to living with someone, just stay our of my space, that's all I ask, be clean, please I don't need to see your dirty underwear on our floor as I walk into our dorm. There will be a lot of Coldplay played in our dorm, and if you don't like them I suggest you start looking to room with someone different. If you want to know a little bit about my back round, I am Mexican, I'm very passionate, I like chocolate and oranges, not together though. I say "beautiful" a lot, but when I say it, I mean it. I don't believe in religion, so don't try to convince me to join whatever religion you're in, just respect me and I'll respect you. That's all, I hope you have a wonderful day, and I look forward to spending time with you in our dorm. (That's the polite thing to say, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment